Thursday 1 October 2009

The Weather

I know that we shouldn't be affected by the weather, but don't you just feel good when the sun shines? I do!
The last couple of days where we live in Scotland have been glorious. I have been able to do a bit of work outside around our house (which is for sale) and I have even been able to go for some walks with my wife Nancy. Yes, it feels good.
The trees are beginning to change colour and autumn is on the way. Can you believe it? Autumn already! What happened to our 'BBQ Summer'? There's already a wee nip in the air, soon the early mornings and the nights will have a frosty feel; the starry host will sparkle in a diamante canopy above us.
It's a gorgeous time of the year, the squirrels are going nuts collecting their winter food, the sun's lengthening shadows point the way to the end of British Summer Time - we will gain an hour next month; a last chance to see daylight before the night's start drawing-in and Scotland prepares to hibernate in perpetual dusk and darkness.
However, before that, we have nature's coat of many colours, the majestic splendour of stoic trees backlit in golden sunshine as the last remnant of their summer leaves fall graciously earthward to blanket the ground beneath them, tucking it snugly-in to brave-out the inevitable, unstoppable winter.....

1 comment:

Anders Branderud said...

Hello Peter Stanway
Kilcreggan,

"I know that we shouldn't be affected by the weather, but don't you just feel good when the sun shines? I do!"

Yes, I agree with you!!

I think that the website www.netzarim.co.il will be of interest to you. It contains logical and scientific research about Ribi Yehoshua (the Messiah) from Nazareth and what he taught.

Have a nice day!
Anders Branderud